Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

NgdBuild:604 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ananhasaasneh77

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
im getting these erorrs while im implement the kcpsm6_spisflash in ise.

ERROR:NgdBuild:604 - logical block 'spi_connect' with type 'STARTUPE2' could not
be resolved. A pin name misspelling can cause this, a missing edif or ngc
file, case mismatch between the block name and the edif or ngc file name, or
the misspelling of a type name. Symbol 'STARTUPE2' is not supported in target
'spartan6'.
ERROR:NgdBuild:604 - logical block 'program_rom/ram_2k_generate.akv7.kcpsm6_rom'
with type 'RAMB36E1' could not be resolved. A pin name misspelling can cause
this, a missing edif or ngc file, case mismatch between the block name and
the edif or ngc file name, or the misspelling of a type name. Symbol
'RAMB36E1' is not supported in target 'spartan6'.
ERROR:NgdBuild:604 - logical block
'program_rom/instantiate_loader.jtag_loader_6_inst/jtag_loader_gen.BSCAN_7SER
IES_gen.BSCAN_BLOCK_inst' with type 'BSCANE2' could not be resolved. A pin
name misspelling can cause this, a missing edif or ngc file, case mismatch
between the block name and the edif or ngc file name, or the misspelling of a
type name. Symbol 'BSCANE2' is not supported in target 'spartan6'.
.any idea?

It's self explanatory the blocks are not Spartan6 primitives.

You are compiling a design meant for a different device type and the primitives don't exist in Spartan6. Looks like it might be for a Virtex or Kintex 7

A similar issue, like yours ( also listed at the bottom of this page ):

Entirely different problem, in that case it was lack of compiling another HDL file. This is a case of using a design meant for another device family.

The OP really has not done enough study of the user guides and data sheet of the device used nor have they done enough research on what various IP they are just grabbing from wherever. The OP needs to develop the critical thinking skills necessary to be successful doing this kind of project.

The latest version of PicoBlaze is KCPSM6 Rev 9, released September 30, 2014, supporting UltraScale, Zynq, 7-series, Virtex-6 and Spartan-6 device families. What’s New in PicoBlaze can be found embedded in the downloaded zip file.

Based on this "kcpsm6_rom" I'm thinking you might be trying to use the picoblaze processor?

There are multiple versions. If you had read the documentation you would have discovered that there are different versions for Spartan 6, Virtex 5, Virtex 6, 7 Series parts, there might even be more versions (but I'm not entirely sure). There are so many version because the design uses device primitives, which are different depending on the device.

- - - Updated - - -

The latest version of PicoBlaze is KCPSM6 Rev 9, released September 30, 2014, supporting UltraScale, Zynq, 7-series, Virtex-6 and Spartan-6 device families. What’s New in PicoBlaze can be found embedded in the downloaded zip file.

If that is truly the case then you still selecting the wrong device family as there is no STARTUPE2 in Spartan-6 and the tools won't automatically insert that into a design. It has to be instantiated. So verify that all the device selection parameters/generics are set correctly or passed correctly.

- - - Updated - - -

Taking a look at the files in the picoblaze directory (I downloaded early last year and barely looked at), I suspect you are trying to use the kc705_kcpsm6_spi_flash design?

If you did any research you would have discovered that the KC705 evaluation board is a Kintex-7 board and therefore this particular design is NOT for a Spartan-6.

aw u are right sir .. do u have any codes that will work on spartan 6 for spi flash?

No, why don't you write one? That is what I would end up doing.

Another option is to take the code for the K7 and port it to the Spartan-6 replacing all the primitives with equivalent primitives in Spartan-6. You will likely want to create a testcase that verifies the K7 verision first before porting to Spartan-6. Then you can rerun that testcase to verify the functionality is identical.

Another option is to take the code for the K7 and port it to the Spartan-6 replacing all the primitives with equivalent primitives in Spartan-6.

how can i do that becuz im just a beginner and i need to do that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back