Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is the difference between metal layers M1 M2 M3 ...to upper metal

Status
Not open for further replies.

preethem.s

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

Please share with me difference between metal layers and advantages of using lower metal and higher metal and also disadvantages

Thanks

Dear preethem.s,

The top metal is thicker than the other metal layers. That allows it to be more conductive.

Greetings.

ok thanks, Can you please tell me why the shielding lines is connected to ground Why

ok thanks, Can you please tell me why the shielding lines is connected to ground Why not VDD

please explain me about double patterning technology. Why M1,M2 M3 is fabricated in double patterning Why they are not fabricating above M3 in double patterning

Re: ok thanks, Can you please tell me why the shielding lines is connected to ground

Can you please tell me why the shielding lines is connected to ground Why not VDD
See this thread!

please explain me about double patterning technology. Why M1,M2 M3 is fabricated in double patterning Why they are not fabricating above M3 in double patterning

See this Wiki explanation. Metal structures above M3 usually use wider structures than those below, that's why they don't need double patterning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back