Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Active high and active low signals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kosyas41

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi folks,
Im little bit confused about active high and active low signals,I have two components in my design resent_n is active low-(from NCO) and tx_reset active high from another component/Could you please help me how I can relate this signals for properly working?

resent_n (perhaps a spelling mistake, reset_n?) : This signal, as per standard convention should denote a active LOW reset signal. Means this signal will do a reset of the components connected to it when it is driven to LOW/'0' state.
tx_reset : As there is no "_n" here it denotes that the signal affects when it is in HIGH/"1" state.
Again it is a matter of convention as to who follows what.

Relation: assign tx_reset = ~resent_n ; // Verilog
I don't know how u are going to use them, but the above just shows an inverse relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back