Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to get a master ucf of xilinx vertex5 by using pinahead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

u24c02

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi.

Now i'm trying to get an master ucf file of xilinx vertex5 lx110.
But I'm not sure how to get an master ucf file from pinahead.

Does anyonw know how to get an master ucf file from pinahead?

Sorry for that, I had missed out the "T".

Does anyonw know how to get an master ucf file from pinahead?

A possible alternative...

See 1st you have to search for a dev. board that contains the part Virtex-5 LX110.
Do you know the details of the development board you are using?
The 2nd part would be to get the PDF for that dev. board which should contain a master-constraint file.

I don't think Xilinx releases something like a "master ucf file of xilinx vertex5 lx110"!

None of the vendors have a master file for the pin constraints.

Do one of the following:

a) get the package pin file from the vendor. This is not the constraint file but is a file the describes all the pins (including PWR/GRN) of the device for every package. It usually has pin name, and package pin location along with special features of the pin. Run a script on this spreadsheet to extract all the pin location and pin names to produce a "master" generic pin constraint file. Now that you have a script you won't ever have to ask the question again, just run the script on any new package pin file you want to make a master ucf file for.

b) find a ucf file for a package that is similar and edit it.

c) just do it by hand...in fact if you had spent the time for starting a thread, reading the responses, and posting replies...you already would have the master ucf file. At least I would have been able to type one up in < 1 hr.

Reactions: u24c02

u24c02

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
None of the vendors have a master file for the pin constraints.

Do one of the following:

a) get the package pin file from the vendor. This is not the constraint file but is a file the describes all the pins (including PWR/GRN) of the device for every package. It usually has pin name, and package pin location along with special features of the pin. Run a script on this spreadsheet to extract all the pin location and pin names to produce a "master" generic pin constraint file. Now that you have a script you won't ever have to ask the question again, just run the script on any new package pin file you want to make a master ucf file for.

b) find a ucf file for a package that is similar and edit it.

c) just do it by hand...in fact if you had spent the time for starting a thread, reading the responses, and posting replies...you already would have the master ucf file. At least I would have been able to type one up in < 1 hr.

Thanks I agree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back