Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is a good NEW PLL chip for FM transmitter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synaps3

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to use a PLL IC with the minicircuits POS-150 VCO for an FM broadcast transmitter. All the schematics I find use very old chips that are only on ebay from china and maybe fake (TSA5511, MC145170, etc.)

I want a new chip that I might be able to get from a reliable source like digikey or mouser that would work for this application. I don't mind SMD as long as it's not QFN.

You're looking for a modern PLL but it's very difficult to find a device with a package different than QFN.
I suggest you to consider QFN package because it's not very difficult to solder it.Put some solder paste on each pad ( even manually) and then heat the device carefully by using a hot air soldering pistol.

Try the Analog Devices ADF40xx and 41xx series they will cover 150MHz and are are available in SOIC

Status
Not open for further replies.