Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

True random number generator logic problem on Kintex - 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtushar

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to generate TRUE RANDOM numbers on Kintex-7. I am following the paper published by Xilinx, where a ring oscillator is used for random number generation and LHCA has been used as a scrambler.

BUT, whenever I capture 11 Mega bytes of data (True Random Numbers) and pass them through the DIE HARD TESTING software, then every time the following 3 tests fail :
1. THE BITSTREAM TEST
2. OPSO (Overlapping-Pairs-Sparse-Occupancy)
3. COUNT-THE-1's TEST on a stream of bytes

What am I doing wrong. Xilinx suggested that by sampling the data on 125Mhz, All 15 DIE HARD tests got passed.
I am sampling the data on 100 Mhz with 8-bit LHCA.

Took a look at the paper, but can't match that to any code you may have written, since you neglected to post the code.

Have you looked at the synthesized technology view to see if it still matches the structure shown in Fig 6 of the paper?

The design was originally done on a Virtex 2 Pro device which is far slower than a Kintex-7. I wonder if that would have any correlation effects on the randomness of the output.

- - - Updated - - -

Should have known better (first time poster), this was cross posted on Xilinx forum, so I should have ignored it.
:bang::thumbsdown:

It is all about courtesy...e.g. You don't go into a restaurant and order your meal from two different servers...(if you do someone is going to have to eat the cost of that extra meal). Same here you shouldn't cross post as someone will end up wasting their time responding when it's already been done on the other post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back