Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can anyone tell me how to store memory in the single port ram of system generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandy3129

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to store information (values i want to store are 5,6,7,8) in the single port ram cell of system generator in matlab simulink., what is the function of "initial vector value" in ram cell of xilinx single port ram block set ?

how to store information (values i want to store are 5,6,7,8) in the single port ram cell of system generator in matlab simulink., what is the function of "initial vector value" in ram cell of xilinx single port ram block set ?

Don't use simulink, but that "initial vector value" seems like it might set the initial memory contents of a block RAM after configuration is complete.

If you want the design to store values then you need to write those values into the block RAM with a write interface to the RAM.

can you tell me documents or some examples where i can find the usage of ram block in sys gen. k so writing in vhdl program and calling with black box onto sys gen is the method you are saying right!.

Don't use simulink, but that "initial vector value" seems like it might set the initial memory contents of a block RAM after configuration is complete.
Oops this was supposed to be
I don't use simulink, ....

can you tell me documents or some examples where i can find the usage of ram block in sys gen. k so writing in vhdl program and calling with black box onto sys gen is the method you are saying right!.
I still think you need to set the values in the initial vector if you want them there after configuration, otherwise add in the logic to write to the RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back