Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] pin assignments for altera cyclone iii fpga kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

preethi19

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi this is my first time working with fpga and its all entirely new to me. I installed all the software and got it all ready and the kit has just four LED and 4 buttons corresponding to each LED. And two more buttons which are "reconfigure" and "cpu_reset". so i am just trying a simple AND gate logic. I am using altera cyclone iii EP3C25F324C6 board. I need to assign pins to the and gate logic. The manual shows nothing about what pin names correspond to the buttons. I need to assign two LEDs and buttons for inputs. One LED and button for the output. Can anyone plssss let me know where can i find the pins name for the board. I searched in altera website and found some files for cyclone iii but couldnt see anywhere wer LED or button pin names were mentioned. Can anyone pls guide me through this step pls!!! Thanks in advance!!! :)

Which board is it? that part number is just the FPGA part number. The board documentation will tell you the pinout, not the FPGA.

Guess you are talking about the Altera 3C25 starter board?

A convenient way to import the pin assignments is to copy it from a demo project provided with the development kit. It's in the *.qsf file, the TCL statements assigning the pins can be entered in the Quartus TCL console. If you want to do it from the scratch, review the schematics in the "board design file" folder, specify the pin assignments in the pin planner tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back