Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A strange error message: ERROR: Anno:169

Status
Not open for further replies.

msdarvishi

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
An strange error message : ERROR:Anno:169

Hello,

I encountered an strange error during the post-place and route simulation of my design that I would like to share it here for a possible solution.

I have a design that one of its parts is operating at high frequency and the rest at low frequency.
I used the IBUFG buffer to buffer the input clock signal and the output of this IBUFG buffer goes to:
1. A PLL to generate a higher frequency
and
2. directly connected to the clock input of the module that is operating at low frequency.

Then I synthesized, translated, mapped and Place-and-routed the design and the generated bit file was downloaded to the FPGA and via UART comunication I can communicate with the design.

I wanted to do a post-place-and-route simulation to see the behavior of desgn but I received the following error message in mapping process :

Code:
=======ERROR:Anno:169 - Encountered bel type that is not handled
ERROR:NetListWriters:528 - Unsuccessfull design annotation.

Can anybody let me know where could be the problem that prevents the simulation? I have to mention that the Behavioral and post-translate simulations are performed correctly !

Remark: Is it related to the branch taken from the output of IBUFG?? I just conjectured it !

Any kind assistance is cordially appreciated,

Regards,

Re: An strange error message : ERROR:Anno:169

Is that the only information on the problem, because it's not even telling you what bel type is having the problem. Did you not clip out the warning/errors prior to this ERROR? Most of the time stuff like this shows up much later than the actual problem and is a result of the first issue.

And your conjecture its due to the IBUFG is unlikely I've done stuff like that many times and it's not a problem with simulation pre or post PnR. The tools will add a BUFG to the net and that should also show up in the simulation netlist along with the appropriate SDF annotations.

Re: An strange error message : ERROR:Anno:169

Is that the only information on the problem, because it's not even telling you what bel type is having the problem. Did you not clip out the warning/errors prior to this ERROR? Most of the time stuff like this shows up much later than the actual problem and is a result of the first issue.

And your conjecture its due to the IBUFG is unlikely I've done stuff like that many times and it's not a problem with simulation pre or post PnR. The tools will add a BUFG to the net and that should also show up in the simulation netlist along with the appropriate SDF annotations.

Thanks for your reply @ads-ee,

Here is the only information provided by the Post place and route annotation....and nothing else...

Code:
Started : "Generate Post-Place & Route Simulation Model".
Running netgen...
Command Line: netgen -intstyle ise -s 1  -pcf main_design.pcf -mhf -rpw 100 -tpw 0 -ar Structure -tm main_design -insert_pp_buffers true -w -dir netgen/par -ofmt vhdl -sim main_design.ncd main_design_timesim.vhd
=======ERROR:Anno:169 - Encountered bel type that is not handled
ERROR:NetListWriters:528 - Unsuccessfull design annotation. 

Process "Generate Post-Place & Route Simulation Model" failed

Status
Not open for further replies.