Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Car Parking using Verilog

Status
Not open for further replies.

nizdom

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys! Newbie here. I wanted to create a car parking system using Verilog programming. I wanted to create an FSM of it. The situation is like this.

There is only one entrance to the parking lot, consequently one car at a time can enter or exit the parking. There are two light sensors, separated by one meter in order to detect if the car is entering or leaving the lot. (1st Detector outputs bit 1 and the 2nd detector outputs bit 0). There is a semaphore with signs saying SLOTS (showing remaining parking slot) and FULL.

Any idea on how to do this? I'll try doing its code and post it here. Thanks.

Plenty of ideas. I look forward to seeing your code and Im sure we can help with any specific questions.

Get your FSM state transition diagram right, that would be the 1st step. That will make sure ur Verilog code is implementing the proper functionality or not.

Hi,
Do block diagram of your system & flow chart to understand the process. start with reset state, then ask yourself "what happen if input is or "... so on.. Best Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back