Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] is possible using java in programming microcontroller arm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stackprogramer

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi, my friend i before heard arm microcontroller support some api java,
for some special work!
i want to is it possible?
thanks for reply

Yeah, you would need an embedded OS like yocto for example. This is an extreme example, but it's possible. Mind you, this also needs a fairly powerful chip(cortex M4 should be regarded as a minimum)

I'll say this here because it seldom seems to be said these days - and it seems appropriate:

Choose the right tool for the right job.
Addendum: That includes programming languages.

hi,my friend i start to search,my result is shared for futures:
ther i new technology for arm that is called Jazelle:
ARM Jazelle® technology for acceleration of execution environments provides the ARM Connected Community with high quality, class leading solutions for the ARM architecture that offer the optimum combination of high performance, low power and low cost.

Jazelle technology is a combined hardware and software solution from ARM. ARM Jazelle technology software is a full featured multi-tasking Java Virtual Machine (JVM), highly optimized to take advantage of Jazelle technology architecture extensions available in many ARM processor cores.
for more info see:https://www.arm.com/products/processors/technologies/jazelle.php

devices that support JVM recent:
In 2014, EBV annonced JAKARTA : a hardware & software application Java platform ready for new areas of low cost Human Machine Interfaces based on FREESCALE KINETIS-L [1].
In October 2013, Renesas Electronics announced providing Embedded Java for RX Microcontrollers [2].
In January 2013, STMicroelectronics announced full Java support for STM32 F3/F4-series microcontrollers STM32 and stm32java.
In March 2013, MicroEJ product line from IS2T for ARM Cortex-M (all RTOS), ARM Cortex-A (Linux, Integrity, VxWorks), ARM7-TDMI (all RTOS), ARM9 (Linux, Integrity), AVR32 UC3 (all RTOS), V850 (all RTOS).
more info https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embedded_Java

JAVA RTOS:Runnign JAVA APP
Java Technology

Java technology speeds up development and prototyping. Although there are multiple Java development environments available, this article will look at two.

Oracle® Java on ARM architecture targets IoT and M2M applications.

Programming using Java ME (Micro Edition) software development kit (SDK) is identical to the Java SE (Standard Edition) Embedded (e.g. Eclipse/Netbeans IDE), except, currently, the compiled object is optimized for embedded systems with small memory foot print and the GUI library or JavaFX are not available on Java ME.

For example, a microcontroller running the Java ME Embedded and Java applications can be stored on a SD card, or on chip. When the system is started, the Java ME Embedded can read a configuration file and identify the Java application to load and execute.
more info **broken link removed**

Conclusion:
i liked @123jack is words:
Choose the right tool for the right job.
using JAVA can be used for most complicated robot .some special application.
i is used generally from my opinion.or
fortunately i am master java,and i like it very.

thank for attention
Cordially yours stackprogramer

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.