Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How come Quartus II does not have a get_all_location_assignments collection in tcl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

matrixofdynamism

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
We often use the set_location_assingment tcl command when assigning ports to pins on the FPGA in Quartus II. I cannot find a way in tcl to get a collection of all pins that have been assigned to ports of top level entity. The following is desired by using this collection:
1) Look at each value in the collection, if it matches a certain criteria then remove the location assignment
1) Look at each value in the collection, if it matches a certain criteria then reassign the location assignment to different pin
2) print all the location assignments into a file that can be opened in excel e.g csv file

I would expect it to be get_all_location_assignments. But it does not exist :shock:

The "Quartus II Scripting Reference Manual" has examples how to enumerate various global assignments. I'm sure it could be used to achieve what you want.

Location assignments are not only pin assignments, b.t.w.

hmm, what else can location assignment be used for? The reference manual does not explain what a "location assignment" fundamentally is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back