Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] how to configure brownout rest in pic18f microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

abc_de

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello ....
In many of industrial control boards have seen external microprocessor reset by detection of low voltage (below from some threshold voltage) that very good �� technique.
I am using pic18f4520 microcontroller but I don't know �� how to configure brownout reset. Please any suggestion

Did´t you see any configuration bits on datasheet for doing that ?
In general the fuse is designated with a sugestive acronym.

For MikroC you can configure it my using the GUI interface : MikroC Project Settings.
For MPLAB you can go to Window >> PIC Memory Views >> Configuration bits....

For CCS, you have the PicWizard...Anyway, in shorts, you have to spend some time to get introduced on the basics of the subject you are asking for help. The IDE compiler HELP is your best friend.

I am using MPLAB IDE for programming. My purpose is only reset microcontroller untill voltage is properly set and if voltage went below like 4.5v microcontroller get reset to prevent malfunction etc.

- - - Updated - - -

One more if any undervoltage external microprocessor reset is available then please suggest me cheap and easily available.
Thanks

One more if any undervoltage external microprocessor reset is available then please suggest me cheap and easily available

Did you even see datasheet of this uC ?

A text search might help... There's a datasheet section "Brown-out Reset (BOR)", chapter 4.4 in my datasheet version.

FVM I have read this section before...
Can you give me code example of configuration bits in which BOR is set
My power supply is +5v
Thanks

Posts #3 and #4 give you some idea of how some environments let you set the config settings.
What compiler are you using (and the answer does NOT start with MPLAB - that is the IDE)? Some compilers like using #pragma directives and others have specific macros you can use.
As well as the data sheet section references given above, also check out the "Special Features of the CPU" section 23, and in particular Section 23.1 and the following register descriptions which will not only tell you what config options are available but what values they can take. In the case of BOREN, there are 4 options.
You should also check out Section 26.1 for the Vbor setting that applies to your design.
Susan

Status
Not open for further replies.