Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

demultiplexer with memory register

Status
Not open for further replies.

bremenpl

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello there,
I was looking, but couldnt find such device... I need a demultiplexer with 16 outputs, 4 adresses line that has a register on the output that remembers the old state. In a regular demultiplexer as soon as output changes other outputs goes high. Does such thing exist?

Hi,

a schematic could clarify the function. Especially the "remember" function. Remember what and how long? during power down?

Is it pure digital or do you need an analog demultiplexer?

* Either use a 4 bit DFF and a 4 to 16 DEMUX (digital or analog)
* or use a cheap CPLD (pure digital)
* or use any microcontroller (pure digital)

supply voltage, speed, input signal...

Klaus

Without any unnecessary details- A regular demultiplexer can only have one output set, the rest of the outputs at that time are pulled high (for example). What I am asking for, is there a demultiplexer, where the outputs dont go high, but keep their state for the time before I amnually update it.

For example, there is a 16 bit output demultiplexer. I choose address 0 and place value low, that means output 0 gets low and the bits from 1 to 15 remains high. Now I change address to 1 and insert low value. Output 1 gets low but the output 0 doesnt keep its 0 value, but turn high. This is for a regular demultiplexer. I need a device that will keep the set values.

Seems to refer to a 1:16 demux plus 16 RS-latches. Surely not available as a standard IC. You need to define a reset condition, by the way.

I see. Thank you for help.

Hi,

ADG526 is a 1:16 DEMUX with latch.

Klaus

Hi , you could check Fiberstore to see if they have the one you need. And they could provide customized service according to your requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.