Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please help with booting Linux on Spartan 6 FPGA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

electrodarkness

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone!

I had a semester of embedded systems class where we created and worked with Linux on Zynq7010 SoC. Since I had a Spartan 6 devboard, I wanted to embed a Linux on it.
I've created the Microblaze processor in XPS (see attached .mhs file), and made some tests in SDK - Hello World, Peripheral Test, and Memory Test - and the were all working.
I've created the device tree file (.dts) and created the defconfigs to build Linux (see attached board and config defconfigs).
When I loaded the bootloop in SDK, and downloaded the generated simpleImage ELF file, the Linux started to boot but halted at bootconsole [earlyser0] disabled. Every time I tried to alter something the result was the same.
And something strange: I tried using ttyUL0 and ttyUL1 as boot console, but when booting regardless of settings they both appear ( see boot_log.txt).

What should I check, or where should I start, cause I'm out of ideas?

By the way I'm using the Waxwing board with carrier from Numato Labs ( XC6SLX45, 512MBits of LPDDR).

Thanks in advance,
Aron.

Attachments

• numato_waxwing_defconfig.txt
    650 bytes · Views: 80
  • SP6uB_mhs.txt
    9.3 KB · Views: 78
  • waxwing_defconfig.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 77
  • xilinx_dts.txt
    6.5 KB · Views: 89

Status