Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

forgot password of system and recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrax747

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I have forgot the password of my system,when i power on it is asking for a password on black screen itself,which is very surprising to me.How to retrieve it or get rid of this issue ?

If you have not seen this happen before then it may be a virus, or malware.

Did you change your configuration? Windows OS tends to be fussy about extra devices attached at startup.

Can you start up from a different disk? Then you could examine your hd for errors or malware.

Can you remove your hd and place it in another computer?

At worst you might have one of those horrible crypto locking ransomware malware, which encrypts your HDD and anything else it can find on the network. Without paying the "fee" you'll never get your files back as these schemes use a RSA-2048 key with an AES CBC 256-bit encryption algorithm, but as you've got a black screen, hopefully you don't have that kind of malware.

You could also see if you can boot it from a LiveCD or a USB stick. If the system shows the password screen immediately even when trying to boot from a LiveCD it may have a bios password enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back