Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Read data from LPM ROM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milenia

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys.

I am beginner in FPGA and VHDL. Currently I have problem with my design. Does everybody knows how to read data in lpm rom?

Taken from Altera's website:
Important: Altera recommends using the altsyncram megafunction instead of the lpm_rom megafunction. This megafunction is provided only for backward compatibility. This option is available for all Altera devices except MAX 3000 and MAX 7000 devices.

Are you using a MAX3000 or MAX 7000?

Other than that, reading a ROM normally just takes placing the address on the address input and enabling the read along with the clock.

No. I am using Altera de2 115 board. Sorry. I did not understand. Could you simplified it because I am very beginner in FPGA and VHDL

don't use lpm_rom for the ROM, use the altsyncram megafunction (that should have been clear)

if the problem is the reading, well you use timing like this.
Capture.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

you should try writing a testbench and just run the ROM in a simulation to see what happens when you change the signals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back