Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Buying 3 axis translational stage

Status
Not open for further replies.

prateek_k_chd

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I need a 3 axis transnational stage. I've looked at the top search results in google (thorlabs, sk advanced etc.) and boy, are they expensive!
Price point is a big issue since I'm trying to develop a medical imaging (diagnostic) device for the masses and want to keep the cost low.

So anybody has any idea where I can procure such stages from? The travel needs to be just a couple of mm and the resolution needs to good (in micron/sub micron range) only for the Z-axis.

Cost of single unit may be 50$ or so but the cost ought to be low in bulk (10K quantities).

Also, such stages seem to be available @ alibaba. Any body has any stories about them (or product quality @alibaba in general?). I'm asking as I've never bought from them and am apprehensive.

Cheers !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back