Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Frequensy shift modulation and phase modulation!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hishamsaleh

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
through bulding antenna... an array antenna to get a scaning beam probagation I need to change phase shift of transmetted signal to let the beam scan the area needed.. how can I do that... I need onlythe idea of how to design my transmitter. a block diagram or what ever...

thanks

ya! the problem is that i couldn't get a useful diagram or design to change the phase w/t changing the frequency!

Am I lost in this????

I want to scan this beam!

this pic may help u... the main beam is what i need to rotate... lets say from 45 to -45 degree...

phase modulation is easily done
by using a varicap diode at the referance xtal in the pll

this way you freq modulate the referance oscillator of the pll a little this results in phase modulation of the carrier

another way is too do a similar thing too the vco

but this gives phase freq modulation so is no use too you

stick to also feeding audio as i described to the referances

i hope i helped

Maybe you can use adaptive array techniques

When implementing scanning arrays you usually use several antenna elements (dipoles for example), and the beam direction is determined by the relative phase shift between the elements.
A simple way to create a phase shift is to insert a delay line in the path of each antenna element.
Practically this can be easily done by switching transmission line sections in and out of the feed path.

EM algoritms like FDTD (XFDTD,ZELAND,CST MWS,ANSOFT)

I think that CST MWS is the best choice !

Status
Not open for further replies.