Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Wireless signal from a tempertaure switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Englewood

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys.

Okay, I've had an idea about a project that would be very useful for work.

I'm going to use a temperature switch normally closed and when the temperature gets too hot the switch opens.

I want some device to send a signal to either a Bluetooth receiver or a wireless receiver if the switch is activated.

Is this possible?

Hi,

I believe so, I don't know how to do it myself/technical details, but you could - for example - explore Arduino/Pi type automated homes circuits, like garage doors and so on, there should be multiple solutions in that area.

Hi guys.

Okay, I've had an idea about a project that would be very useful for work.

I'm going to use a temperature switch normally closed and when the temperature gets too hot the switch opens.

I want some device to send a signal to either a Bluetooth receiver or a wireless receiver if the switch is activated.

Is this possible?

Hope you are good at programmable devices.
Wireless modules
1. HC-05 Bluetooth module
2. nRF24L01+ wireless transceiver module
3. Xbee/ZigBee module
4. etc.

Temp Sensors
1. LM35/36/DS1820 if temp range is in between -40 to 150 (Read respective datasheets for axact values) /Thermistors
2. Thermocouples - Higher temp range

Unfortunately my programmable device knowledge isn't the best at all.

I don't need a temperature read out just a signal to say the switch is either open or closed.

Ill be using a temp switch like this,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KSD-9700...hash=item4188e6e93f:m:mE8IReir27pwPc-oWQ2lW-A

so when the temp gets to lets say 60c the switch opens and sends a signal to say the product is over temp.

Hope you are good at programmable devices.
Wireless modules
1. HC-05 Bluetooth module
2. nRF24L01+ wireless transceiver module
3. Xbee/ZigBee module
4. etc.

Temp Sensors
1. LM35/36/DS1820 if temp range is in between -40 to 150 (Read respective datasheets for axact values) /Thermistors
2. Thermocouples - Higher temp range

Buy a ready to use wireless relay board having remote with signal input. I hope you will find one on ebay. If you want to design one wireless device without programmable device check this link

**broken link removed**

All the best.

That's a good idea.

I've had a look at the boards but they switch the relay from remote I want the signal the opposite way - I want the device to tell me when the switch is open or closed

Maybe I could use the remote as the thermal switch.

I could modify the remote with the temp switch and then that can send a signal to the relay to turn a light on to say the temp switch is activate.

Maybe I could use the remote as the thermal switch.

I could modify the remote with the temp switch and then that can send a signal to the relay to turn a light on to say the temp switch is activate.

If the remote circuit is simple or it is a TH(Through Hole) tech device it would be easy.
Otherwise try 433Mhz RF modules(TX and RX module) with HT12E/12D circuit. It is a really simple circuit with minimal connection.

**broken link removed**

Well I received the wireless relay module but I couldn't modify the remote due to the circuit board.

Plan B. Your link

You may have an easier job by encoding the temperature in a lightwave or radio transmission.

A homebuilt transmitter could send a momentary carrier wave every few seconds. As the temperature changes, it changes the length of time between transmissions (clicks). Example, 70 degrees F causes 30 clicks per minute.

Likewise your receiver can be homebuilt. Tune it to the carrier. Keep track of the frequency of clicks.

-------------------------------------

Forrest Mims devised such hobby projects in his Engineer's Notebook series at Radio Shack.

A temperature encoder and LED transmitter is in 'Environmental Projects', pages 20-21.

Also see 'Science Projects' pg. 32-33 (thermistor operating an op amp as a switch or amplifier).

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Do you have a part number?

- - - Updated - - -

Will a 74LS00 do the trick?

Well the circuit consists of a temp switch, when the temp reaches a certain temp the switch closes and the transmitter sends a signal to the receiver and turns on a LED - I want the LED to stay on constantly.

If the temp drops back down I want the LED to turn off.

You have to use encoder/decoder IC pair for error free communication with ASK modules. HT12E and HT12D
E- encoder @transmitter side
D- decoder @receiver side

Thanks, I don't understand what you mean :-(.

brfrc2[1].jpg

brfrc3_1[1].jpg

Check these 2 circuits.
Instead of switch connect your temp sensor on/off pin. (high/low states)
Transimitter Receiver
D0 - D0 OUT
D1- D2 OUT
D2 - D3 OUT
D3 - D4 OUT

Ah I see, so have a bought the wrong modules or can I use the two ICs with the modules I have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back