Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

if i want to wait for 1 clk period

Status
Not open for further replies.

sai685

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a address phase and a dataphase . But what i want to do is get the dataphase after one clock period of address phase in the result so what i have to do.
1 In ahb protocol in the first phase the address is sampled
2. In the second phase the data is sampled .
so for getting data in the next phase what i have to do. that means i want to create a wait state for 1 clk period.

There is no information given about the processor, programming language, program, etc. so, it's difficult to give a useful answer.
On some microcontrollers, a "NOP" instruction will use up one clock cycle.

There is no information given about the processor, programming language, program, etc. so, it's difficult to give a useful answer.
On some microcontrollers, a "NOP" instruction will use up one clock cycle.

APB isn't software, it's a hardware on chip bus. So a NOP instruction won't help. Either VHDL or Verilog will be used to design the logic. You do have the ARM IHI 0024 "AMBA APB Protocol Specification"?

You detect the address phase using PSEL and the write phase using PENABLE and use that to generate an enable for the register capturing the data during the data phase. You assert PREADY when the write or read has finished inserting wait states (which merely means you don't change the state of the signals on the bus).

This is simply normal sequential logic design. If this is difficult for you, you may want to go brush up on digital design techniques, before continuing.

Reactions: sai685

sai685

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back