Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem with google chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrax747

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

When i open a google chrome webpage ,and hwen i look at task manager,there are almost 8-10 process opening which is consuming my ram.This is not happening with ie and firefox . How to get rid of this issue ??

That's normal with segmented tasks per page. It will be dynamic. whereas Firefox is aggregated. This makes the main Process more stable in case one page hangs due to kiddy scripts.

It's not bad, just a different philosophy with shared resources but separate cached memory per page on DLL's. It is support to make CHrome faster and more robust at the expense of RAM I have 5 tabd open in firefox for example using 0.5GB of Private Bytes and 0.6GB of Working Set. but a peak working set of 1GB for Firefox.

THe browser is design to use as much free Memory and leave sufficient for other processes by dynamically changing the working set request and OS allows what is available,

- - - Updated - - -

Since RAM is cheap, you ought to have at least 4GB or more with x64, otherwise you need to choose leaner apps overall.

Hi

another problem is i use 40mbps speed net connection.When ever i open multiple pages in tabs,inspite of having good connection he speed is not distributed and pages are not opened fastly,only some amount of speed is used and ditributed among the pages opened,why it is not using total speed and y pages are not loaded fastly ?

Status
Not open for further replies.