Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

driver for mosfet in inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgx

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
irf21xx

hi I need build a two drivers for 4 mosfet in a application about motor control single phase,i think used pulse transfomer or build a pulse transformer.

fpwm=36khz
mosfet=irfp460,vg=+-20 Vdc, peak current gate 3A
and there is my circuit (i think it is well)

please you can help me?

Try Maxim-Ic.
They have a choice of MOSFET drivers, for example MAX4420 ..
**broken link removed**
and you can try to get them free as samples ..

There is alos interesting mosfet drivers by Texas Instruments like TPS2829. Free sample quickly received, production status clear. Good luck.

I recomend the IR com chips,IR2000 series as IR2105

for me, your attached inverter schematic did not work at all. the picture was all black.

anyway, you have a pulse transformer? probably not a good thing to use for motor control, because most motor control applications require variable duty cycle, from 0% all the way to 100%. you don't really get that with a pulse transformer.

other options like IRF2100 or whatever are nice (well, very nice) but also expensive. i think $10USD each. heck, that's more than the ENTIRE parts cost than some 100W inverters i have built in the past (not including heatsink & battery supply).

when it comes to gate drives, i think one chip solutions are nice (see texas instrument TD351) if you are building small production line (i.e. less than 1000 units). but for ANYTHING more than that quantity you must really think your strategy. even 1 cent can make a difference when you are building a million units.

for gate drives of any significant power, like more than 1kw, you must pay careful attention to your layout. parasitic capacitance & inductance will KILL you. well, not literally (hopefully) but could make your circuit really crap really fast.

Mr.Cool

jgx

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hi all

My single phase inverter is:

Pout:850 W
Vdc:170
Idc:5
f:0-150 Hz

It possible to implement without irf21xx and other drives?
As I can design four drivers for it?
please help me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.