Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Soft ECC or Built-In ECC for Single Port RAM & True Dual Port RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaiserschmarren87

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have to implement Hamming Code ECC to Single Port RAM and True Dual Port RAM. At the moment 32/64/128 bit HC ECC has been implemented but takes more resources. I know that there is Built-In ECC and Soft ECC for Simple Dual Port RAM and I do not see for Single Port RAM and True Dual Port RAM in the CoreGen.

My question is: Is there a Built-In ECC or Soft ECC for Single Port RAM and True Dual Port RAM using coregen(I am asking just to make sure that I haven't made any mistake while checking it)? Or are there any tweaks or techniques which could help me to get it done on Single Port RAM and True Dual Port RAM? I would like to avoid manually written 32/64/128 bit HC ECC or is it the only solution for me now?

I referred to this document: https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/blk_mem_gen/v8_2/pg058-blk-mem-gen.pdf

Just need some information regarding this.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back