Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

S21 Floquet port in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

humFdz

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone

I've got a basical doubt in the way FloquetPorts are numerated in HFSS. My doubt is as follows:
If I plot S(FloquetPort1:1,FloquetPort2:1). Am I plotting the S21 parameter of the TE mode or the S12 one??. I know that if you have a symmetric matrix that topic doesn't matter but it is not my case.

Thanks in advance

Hi everyone

I've got a basical doubt in the way FloquetPorts are numerated in HFSS. My doubt is as follows:
If I plot S(FloquetPort1:1,FloquetPort2:1). Am I plotting the S21 parameter of the TE mode or the S12 one??. I know that if you have a symmetric matrix that topic doesn't matter but it is not my case.

Thanks in advance

S12. Although there is no guarantee as to the polarization of the mode (that I am aware of).

S12. Although there is no guarantee as to the polarization of the mode (that I am aware of).

If I suppose that the definition of the S12 is S(FloquetPort1:1,FloquetPort2:1).
The definition of this parameter change if we use a wave port an a floquet port as stated in the pdf "Getting Started with HFSS:Floquet Ports" on page 27, where it is used the S(WavePort1:1, FloquetPort1:2) to define the parameter "S21" for TM mode (transmission for TM mode), where WavePort1:1 makes reference to the Tx port and FloquetPort1:2 to the Rx port

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back