Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Booting Linux on Nios II soft core on Stratix V FPGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

electrobuz

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I made the necessary kernel images (as per instructions on : http://www.rocketboards.org/foswiki/Documentation/NiosIILinuxUserManual#Building_U_45Boot)
Now, when I try to nios2-download -g ~/linux-socfpga/vmlinux && nios2-terminal
I get the following error :

Using cable "DE5 Standard [2-1.7]", device 1, instance 0x00
Pausing target processor: OK
Initializing CPU cache (if present)
OK
Downloaded 3523KB in 5.1s (690.7KB/s)
Verifying C0000000 ( 0%)
Verify failed between address 0xC0000000 and 0xC000FFFF
Leaving target processor paused

Is this because my memory is incorrectly configured?
Also,

1. On the page (http://www.rocketboards.org/foswiki/Documentation/NiosIILinuxUserManualForStratixIV)
Under To boot Nios II linux from CFI flash, we make a proper address mapping, programming the u-boot image first (at the CPU base address), then the DTB and then the Linux kernel with built in rootfs.

In the method (To boot Nios II linux from RAM), we do no such thing, neither do we program u-boot nor anything related to rootfs. All it says is that we compile the .dts file into the kernel (in make menuconfig). Is this *all* that is required ?

2. My error says conflict between 0xC0000000 and 0xC000FFFF ; why and how does it reach to 0xC ?

I'd greatly appreciate any help on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.