Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

75 and 50 us emphasis filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinone

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello to all

I am testing a FM radio device and I need to know the table of the 75 and 50 us pre and de emphasis filter of the USA and Australian standard: can someone give me these information or give the adrress where I can load them?

By by

These are single pole (R C) filters whose RC time constant is the value you listed. At the transmitter it is high pass, at the receiver it is low pass.

dinone

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
HI Flatulent

I need to have the attenuation in the various frequency (from 10 Hz to 15 kHz): can you help me?

By

Use this formula for a single RC filter. This gives you the attenuation at the frequency you want.

T(f) = 1/sqrt(1 + (2*pi*f*tau)^2)

tau is the RC time constant is the value you listed, f is the frequency.

Bastos

I was incomplete on my description of the filters. The receive filter is a low pass and its response is described in the post above.

The transmitter filter is the inverse of the receive filter. It is flat response for a while and the the amilitude rises. The product of these two frequency responses is flat.

The purpose is to counteract the high audio frequency noise of the FM process.

Status
Not open for further replies.