Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF Connectors in PCB Design using Altium

Status
Not open for further replies.

rizwan183

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am new in RF design.I want to know what is the meaning of Pads around a whole in Altium Designer. Secondly I want to know how to find what SMA connector i should use to mount a radius=0.49 mm co-axial cable with outer shell radius=2.3 mm.And how to make my own blue print for SMA in Altium using drawing. I tried to understand the drawing but it didn't make much sense to me. And post related to SMA is bit different from this one. Looking for your help.

Pads around a hole can serve many purposes: decreasing impedance (via stitching), aiding the mechanical durability (for mounting holes) or improving plating current distribution (thieving).

There are many shapes and types of SMA connectors, so it's usually best to design a footprint that suits your needs yourself.

Thanx for the response. Should i assume that in the pad area connects the upper and bottom layer via copper around the wall of the hole. And how can I understand the drawing of SMA? can you elaborate in detail about surface mounted female SMA footprint?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back