Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VCS on the Ubuntu Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

nearers

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everyone,

I have installed Synopsys VCS tools on the ubuntu 14.04 LTS.
Our lab usually used VCS tools on the other OS systems such as Fedora and CentOS without any problems with our University License.

Could you please see this error messages and let me know the problems of my installation?

matthew@ubuntu:~$ cd /design/test
matthew@ubuntu:/design/test$
matthew@ubuntu:/design/test$ dve
/opt/synopsys/vcs/H-2013.06/bin/dve: line 278: /opt/synopsys/vcs/H-2013.06/gui/dve/linux/bin/dve.exe: No such file or directory
matthew@ubuntu:/design/test$ vcs -V
/opt/synopsys/vcs/H-2013.06/bin/vcsMsgReport: line 334: /opt/synopsys/vcs/H-2013.06/linux/bin/vcsMsgReport1: No such file or directory
/opt/synopsys/vcs/H-2013.06/bin/vcsMsgReport: line 332: /opt/synopsys/vcs/H-2013.06/linux/bin/vcsMsgReport1: No such file or directory
Note: Bumping stack limit from 8192 to 65536 Kbytes.
/opt/synopsys/vcs/H-2013.06/bin/vcsMsgReport: line 336: /opt/synopsys/vcs/H-2013.06/linux/bin/vcsMsgReport1: No such file or directory

I have tested VCS H-2013.06 and C-2009.06 linux version but the errors are all same.

Looking forward to your kind response.
Matthew

I have user level knowledge of VCS and not admin level, so not sure if I can help you out in a proper way.

Our VCS also has university license and is installed on Debian 64 bit Linux and I also get messages simlar to yours.

dpaul@crest:~/rtl_work$
dpaul@crest:~/rtl_work$ dve
ERROR - /home/shared/Synopsys/I-2014.03-SP1//gui/dve/linux/bin is not valid directory. Check if DVE variable is valid. If you want to run 64bit, please use -mode64 or -full64 option.

dpaul@crest:~/rtl_work$
dpaul@crest:~/rtl_work$ vcs -V
Note: Bumping stack limit from 8192 to 65536 Kbytes.

Error-[NTMES] No TopModule/Entity supplied
No TopModule/Entity supplied on 'vcs' command line.
Usage: vcs [libname.]<Design Unit> [-o output] [other compile opts] or vcs
-help

But I can tell you that compiling my RTL codes and running a simulation is no problem even with the messages I am having. In the /rtl_work dir I compile my design and VCS generates an executable named simv. If I do a
dpaul@crest:~/rtl_work$ ./simv -gui &

I can bring up the DVE and there I can run the test-bench, view waveforms, save sessions, etc.

Thanks dapul,

In my case, even basic VCS is not working.
I cannot execute any VCS command.

Hi,
can some one please provide me instructions to in VCS on Ubuntu?

/opt/synopsys/vcs/H-2013.06/bin/dve: line 278: /opt/synopsys/vcs/H-2013.06/gui/dve/linux/bin/dve.exe: No such file or directory

dve.exe usually means it is a windows command. Why is it looking for that?

John Eaton

It's named dve.exe on Linux too.

Make sure you have the env var VCS_HOME set correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back