Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Guide Book for selecting Active & Passive Components

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serial_Expert

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Greetings All,
Is there any book that give practical information about the electronic compnents (e.g. capacitors , transisitors ,etc. ) and how to read the basic components data sheets (e.g. what to read in the data sheets and when it is important).
since I am new to circuits design and my major diffuclty is the selection of the components and their type.
Thanx in advance &
Best Regards,,

Hi,
a good start is the Art of Electronics of Horowitz. It is uploaded in the books section. It is a good road map for the begginers. But don't get anxius with this: Once you know very well what you want to build you will now what to look for in a datasheet. I.e., say you have an IC that says : MAX current 100mA input. You know that if you feed its input with 150mA you destroy it. So you select the circuitry in a way to provide correct current input. That means you check the datasheets of other ICs for there output current etc...I think you got the meaning. I am in your position my self and I understand you, but try to start from simple applications. It won't take long to master this.
D.

Serial_Expert said:
Greetings All,
Is there any book that give practical information about the electronic compnents (e.g. capacitors , transisitors ,etc. ) and how to read the basic components data sheets (e.g. what to read in the data sheets and when it is important).
since I am new to circuits design and my major diffuclty is the selection of the components and their type.
Thanx in advance &
Best Regards,,

my suggestion is to get to know more from the magazines like epe, circuit cellar and elektor sort of magazines. it ll be th best choice for ur practical skills! they are hard to get. u could try purchasing them incase u are very particular in improvin ur skills...

/cedance

A very good book:

The Circuit Designer´s Companion
Tim Williams

ISBN 0-7506-1142-1

This book has been written with the intention of bringing together and tying up some of the loose ends of analogue and digital circuit design, those parts that are never mentioned in the textbooks and rarely admitted elsewhere.

dkace said:
Hi,
a good start is the Art of Electronics of Horowitz. It is uploaded in the books section. It is a good road map for the begginers. But don't get anxius with this: Once you know very well what you want to build you will now what to look for in a datasheet. I.e., say you have an IC that says : MAX current 100mA input. You know that if you feed its input with 150mA you destroy it. So you select the circuitry in a way to provide correct current input. That means you check the datasheets of other ICs for there output current etc...I think you got the meaning. I am in your position my self and I understand you, but try to start from simple applications. It won't take long to master this.
D.

check here for student manual

h**p://

Status
Not open for further replies.