Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Telecommunication Final Year Project Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamid159

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guyz,
my final year is going ( Electrical Engineer (BSc) ). I want to make telecommunication project. i was searching for it on Google. but did not find suitable (unique) one. Can anyone tell me or give me ideas about unique and interesting telecommunication project ideas. I thought one but it seems difficult.It was all about security system. System will detect or snap students photo entering through the main gate. and will judge the student card (has some kind of SIM in it) and will match the photo into that SIM with snap that was captured. If it matches, let him go otherwise no.. and if student does not have his card then don't let him go through the gate or red light begins to blink.. But it seems difficult.. I want more ideas..

How about using OpenCV (Open Computer Vision), a small board with a moderate DSP ( TI DSP would be helpful here, Atmel ARM could also help ) to detect the faces of people passing by and timestamping their entrance or exit? You could also pair this with an RFID Tag on individuals or their Cards.

I would concentrate on micropower communications at fairly high bandwidth. Like maybe a transceiver buried in a body, using the body's galvanic electricity as the power source. Maybe using a lot of digital coding so that micropower signals can still be used to transmit data (like 100 uWatt or less level transmit power and 4 foot range).
There are a lot of biological, medical, or wearable sensor technologies that would be interested in something like that.
I think Silicon Labs makes a chip already that is heavily coded, and the coding gain allows great transmit distance for no power.

What about paying the minimum wage to somebody that will "judge the student card" ? Will be cheaper, more reliable, and better for unemployment system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back