Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is this a correct way to instantiate multiple modules

Status
Not open for further replies.

anusha vasanta

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Code:
genvar n;
	generate
	begin
	  Top_PipelinedCipher ROM1(clk,reset,data_valid_in,key_valid_in,key,mic_iv,valid_out,mic_iv_result);
	  assign mic_h1_out= (mic_iv_result^mic_h1);
	  Top_PipelinedCipher ROM2(clk,reset,data_valid_in,key_valid_in,key,mic_h1_out,valid_out,mic_h1_result);
	  assign mic_h2_out=(mic_h1_result^mic_h2);
	  Top_PipelinedCipher ROM3(clk,reset,data_valid_in,key_valid_in,key,mic_h2_out,valid_out,mic_h2_result);
	end
	endgenerate

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't understand the code. Why do you use generate at all, genvar isn't needed. It's just a list of regular module instantiations.

haa thankyou.without generate block we can do this right. i was just confused.

multiple iinstantiation problem in generate block

i was using the output of one istantiation module in generate block taking that output as input of another module this is a multiple instantion issue is this possible with verilog.

Code Verilog - [expand]
Lgenvar m;
    generate
    for(m=BLOCKS;m<0;m=m-1)
    begin
      assign block_data[m]=data_new[(m*16)+15:(m*16)]; 
      assign block_out[m]=(mic_h2_result^block_data[m]);
      Top_PipelinedCipher ROM4(clk,reset,data_valid_in,key_valid_in,key,block_out[m],valid_out,block_result[m]);
      assign mic_h2_result=block_result[m];
    end
    endgenerate

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back