Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

conditional operator and if statement execution are equal in verilog ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kommu4946

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all, conditional operator and if statement are equal for the fallowing piece of code..

Code:
wire enable1 = (expression1 ==1 && expression2 ==1)?1:0;

always @ (posedge clock) begin
   if (enable1)begin
    statement1;
    statement2;
  end
end

Code:
always @ (posedge clock) begin
   if ( (expression1 ==1 && expression2 ==1))begin
    statement1;
    statement2;
  end
end
Are they equal in functionality...? simulations working same..but they are not giving same results on FPGA board? what might be the reason...?

They should be identical and should result in identical circuits.

Take a look at the pre-synthesis schematic and the post synthesis schematics for both styles of coding it.

The only other thing that may be causing some difference could be something do with the definition of expression1/2 whereby the two options evaluate differently (though I can't see anyway that could happen).

- - - Updated - - -

I think you should show us the real code that is having a problem rather than the pseudo code. It could be something else that is the problem.

Can you check the synthesis report of the failing case and compare it with the corresponding report of the pass case? I am guessing something is optimized away...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back