Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what does these terms mean in hfss

Status
Not open for further replies.

juni1122

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can anybody please tell what does the following terms mean in hfss?
1-radiation boundry
2-number of passes
3-frequency sweep
4-add trace

1- radiation buondry means the space that you should define as a farfield area and make it as an radiation , so your device can radiate in far field. thid area should be more than 10*lambda
2- to calculate the equations, HFSS has some passes, if the difference between two results in each passes is less than for example 0.02 (that yourself define it), the calculation finished. if not, untill number of passe that you yourself define, the calculation will stop.
3- frequency sweep means the range of frequency that our model will simulate on all of that frequencies with step size that you define.
4-add trace used for see two or more graphs in one figure.

ok so i take it as a loop that it will repeat the calculations 2000 times for that equation ....

Hi.

I haven't understant about Solution Frequency in HFSS?

Should it be the center frequency of Frequency Sweep or the maximal frequency or the desired frequency? Which one has the most exact result?

My teacher told me that It should be the maximum frequency of Sweep. Is this right?

in setup you set a solution frequency ((solution freq is a freq that the circuit or antenna designed at this freq)), then you right click on setup and set sweep frequency range ((to see the behavior of designed antenna on the other frequencies near the solution freq in a band with)),

Last edited:

ok and what about the antenna design kit?
i think there is not much stuff about it on the internet

The radiation boundary should be > lambda/4 from the radiating surface in this case the patch. There's no harm the radiation boundary being lambda/4 away all around the antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back