Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Import .art Gerber files into Eagle

Status
Not open for further replies.

fsemmler

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

So I've got some Gerber files that are in .art format that were made using OrCAD, but we're no longer using that software. We’re now using Eagle and we would like to be able to open the old files and inspect them as well as modify them. So, I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to import the .art Gerber files into Eagle, so we wouldn't have to recreate them in Eagle.

My thought is we're going to need an intermediate program or plug-in that will convert the files to a format that Eagle can read, but I'm not having any luck finding anything.

thanks,

I don't believe there's any way to go from a Gerber file back to a proprietary format, whether it's Eagle, PADS, or anything else. You can, however, translate gerbers to DXF, and then maybe import the DXF into your program.

Thank you for your response.

I found a program called DipTrace, that will allow me to import the old Gerbers and export them in a format that EAGLE can read (.pcb)

The only thing is now when I import this file into EAGLE the traces have a clearance around them that leaves them and the pads diconnected from one another. which I should be able to patch relatively easily, I'm hoping anyway. I haven't taken the time to do this yet.

If anyone has any ideas as to why this is happening and how to fix it, I would love to hear them. Along with anyone's opinion of DipTrace and if it would be a good investment to get more than the trial version.

Thanks again,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back