Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulating 4-Layer PCB with microtrip Antenna- Help-

Status
Not open for further replies.

AstridFraise

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guys,
I am beginner, about simulate on CST MWS and EM topics.
Well, let me explain.
I have four models of microstrip antennas GSM dual band. I simulated each one with the same conditions, PCB size and thickness for copper and FR4 respectively, discret port (S-parameters) , Open space, and under ideal conditions.
After that, I choice the better one, I designed the PCB on Altium and added the Antenna.

But, the PCB is designed on 4 layer.

Now I am trying of simulated the PCB, imported with EDA but under conditions for planar antenna on CST MWS.

I achieved reduce the mesh below one million. But, I placed my discrete port between my module pad (Antenna signal) and surrounding ground. For me that was logical, but
I have the doubts if I placed wrong the port and if now for a complete PCB with more signals and planes the antenna it isn't the better one.

pad.png

Could you please give me an advice? Thank you.

:-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back