Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solar and wind turbine charging

Status
Not open for further replies.

OunaLypse

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys!!!

I need to ask, if a battery is 12V, 18Amps is it save to charge it with 25Amps source?

I was working with a solar panel energy but my solar was generating 8amps, i want to use the same batteries.?

Your battery will accept current when the current source has a voltage greater then the battery voltage. The amount of current that flows depends on the circuit resistance. So the current = difference in voltage/circuit resistance. So the answer is it all depends on the voltage that is driving the 25 A source. In general for a good battery life, the charging current should not be above 18/10 = 1.8 A and should be zero when the battery voltage is 14.6 (for a lead-acid car battery, other batteries may be different).
Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back