Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

looking for a small motor with speed regulator and small motion sensor to pause motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Britton White

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
So I am building something and I'm in need of a motor it needs to be water proof and use 1or2 9volt batteries it's moving 3.5 grams objects for three to four hours a day which is why I need a speed regulator as well as a motion sensor. does anybody know what kind of motor set up I should get?

I am not sure that you can get waterproof shaft seals for little electric motors, because their frictional loss would be too high. You could try to build your own minature eddy current motor, like a central heating pump. I suspect these have a high loss as well. Another alternative would to build/modify a BLDC motor, with the rotor and coils being in the water, the electronic control chip being waterproofed.
Frank

Okay thanks I got a motor and its on a 9 volt battery with a 12volt input. I need more power if I added another ,9volt battery to the mix will it give me more power? Keep in mind that there is a acircuit board that would fry with anything over 12 volts. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back