Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Biasing of high voltage CMOS transistors in mixed signal application

Status
Not open for further replies.

rissenaj

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am planning to use high voltage transistors from XFAB XH035 process for a biomedical application. Output drive required is 18V and I am planning to use 18V drain NMOS and PMOS transistors with maximum rated Vgs and Vds of 18V for my application(Please see the attached pic).

My question is whether I can bias the HV-NMOS and HV-PMOS transistors correctly with a 3.3 V CMOS as my low to high voltage level shifter design is a stacked design using low voltage MOSFET devices and the low and high voltage control signals (applied to high voltage devices) switch between 0 to 3.3 and 14.7 to 18V. XFAB_X035_HV_DEVICES.png

I think you can do this, however you should check for which VGS the given values for IDS and RON are valid - as a max. |VGS| of 18V is permitted.

Analyse and check the output characteristics with VGS as parameter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back