Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can ping from uboot but not after booting the kernel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manavdeep Singh

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a board i need to bring up.
The board consist of Lantiq's SOC. I have done necessary custom configuration for uboot and kernel squashfs images and build them.
I load the Uboot into ram via UART and then run a script by Lantiq which essentially erases flash, tftp the u-boot file and copies to flash.
Then another script tftp the kernel+filesystem image.

So while i was able to ping and tftp my system from uboot, after booting i can't.
I boot up the kernel and i know the lan interface i should work with. I give it the IP. The "loopback" interface works fine. If i ping the ip i just gave to the lan interface, that works fine. But it doesn't ping my pc or anything else for that matter. No packets reach my pc while i can see in TX of lan interface of the board that packets are being generated.

Any insights? anybody?

If TX are generated, It means that packets are well generated by your board. Now if these packets does not reach your PC, it means that the Destination ip address of your packets are not your PC. Make sure that your ip address lan interface is well configured. For example, the IP address of your board are not coherent with your local network (ex: IP_your_Board: 192.168.2.2/24 and IP_your_PC: 172.72.2.101/24).
I expect it will help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.