Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make my PC as TCP Server to receive data from GPRS Modem. - See more at: http:

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpress_embedo

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using SIm900 Module and wants to send some data lets say any text in form of string of few bytes like "Hello!!" from it over GPRS to a TCP Server(which must be my PC)

I had done this successfully in office as they had provided me a public IP, but now at home i am not able get the response connect okay when sending the command AT+CIPSTART

I had read some where that all Private Ip Starts from 192.168.xxx.xxx but my ip is not a private ip as it is 182.168.1.38 when seen in Network Configuration.

And when i used Whats My IP to get my IP, it reports "125.63.118.161", but with both IP's i am not able to get any thing on my PC.
I am using HW Hercules software to receive data on my PC, it is having a TCP Server Tab in it, Just like TCP Test tool many peoples are using.

Can anyone tell me how can i solve this problem.

My Internet Connection is CityCom Internet previously Spectranet.

Please tell me how can i solve this problem.

Assumed your internet provider allows inbound connections (usually possible for "wired" internet), you need at least to configure port forwarding to your computer for the respective TCP port. It may be also necessary to open the port access in router or PC firewall.

In mobile internet, most providers do no longer support inbound connections due to deficiency of public IP4 addresses, instead a second router layer is sharing the public IP addresses between multiple users. The same might soon happen (or already does?) with wired internet providers.

Assumed your internet provider allows inbound connections (usually possible for "wired" internet), you need at least to configure port forwarding to your computer for the respective TCP port. It may be also necessary to open the port access in router or PC firewall.

In mobile internet, most providers do no longer support inbound connections due to deficiency of public IP4 addresses, instead a second router layer is sharing the public IP addresses between multiple users. The same might soon happen (or already does?) with wired internet providers.

I didn't get much whatever you told.

"Assumed your internet provider allows inbound connections"
I am not sure about this point, as if inbound connections are provided, i will be able to receive CONNECT OK response from the modem.

One strange thing is that, when i used Data Card from the Tata Photon+, and use its IP, i am able to receive data over TCP Server on my PC.

What if inbound connections are not there.
What would i do???

I dont know how to do port forwarding and all other stuff related with Firewall and networking.

Aren't there any online sites, where simple i can put my data for only testing purposes.

Actually i just have to send some strings and test them whether they are working or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.