Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

confused about 8051 programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jidan12

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to make line follower robot I am using 8051 micro controller I have c code keil software i am confused about programer I don't want to buy programmer I want to make hardware myself I want to ask can i need to use software for programmer circuit I think no but I am asking for my understanding

8051 but which controller is it at89c51 , p89v51rd2 or something different...

if u want make hardware your self then i think software needed to burn program in your ic.

This is what you want.
You can make it by your own.
You need Flash Magic (it's an open source software for student purpose). So download it from here
https://www.flashmagictool.com/

Do post here if you've any other queries.

All the best :)

(Updated) this circuit will work with at89c51 as well with p89v51rd2 and also with other 8051 ICs...

Attachments

• RD2_ISP_Programmer.JPG
    RD2_ISP_Programmer.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 99
I've practically implemented both the ICs with the same loader.
And if in case user wants to be particular then here is the second option :
ISP.jpg

when we make project we need two software one for making code and other for burning code I want to ask can we do both work by one software

i don't know about 89c51 series possible but pic series in circuit programming with use of like icd2 , icd3 .

This is what you want.
You can make it by your own.
You need Flash Magic (it's an open source software for student purpose). So download it from here
https://www.flashmagictool.com/

Do post here if you've any other queries.

All the best :)

(Updated) this circuit will work with at89c51 as well with p89v51rd2 and also with other 8051 ICs...

Are you sure this circuit can program at89c51? Have you ever tested it?

Please note that at89c51 is different from at89c51rd2. I am asking about at89c51 and not rd2.

Please note that at89c51 is different from at89c51rd2. I am asking about at89c51 and not rd2.

I was not aware about that. Please educate me about the difference of both.
Thank you for your time.

And also I would like to ask the jidan12 that which IC are you going to use? at89c51 or at89c51rd2?

I was not aware about that. Please educate me about the difference of both.
Thank you for your time.

And also I would like to ask the jidan12 that which IC are you going to use? at89c51 or at89c51rd2?
hello, jigar I am using at89c51 I read somewhere that ISP programmer is used for at89c51 Ic I want to ask Can I make this circuit with rs232 ttl ic and 4 cap

Ya you can do this by serial port and flash magic.... If you want to do this by USB then only you have to use usb driver ICs and FDTI drivers and so on...

As answered by Venkadesh_M you can do it for sure.
Go ahead.
And according to the hardware of the programmer is also flexible for almost all kind of 8051 ICs...
But I am waiting for the confirmation from nandhu015.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back