Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Help me create my score board

Status
Not open for further replies.

marieclein_08

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,
I'm doing a simple scoreboard wherein the user is allowed to increment or decrement the scores. The board should be three digit seven segment LED. I'm having trouble in cascading the data. Please see attached image for reference

psend.png

Have you tried using only one segment display before trying to cascade?

Yes, I first test it using single digit and it worked.

Maybe this example can help you!!!

7seg.jpg < - Added

Its use PIC12F629, CCS compiler 5.012 and Proteus 7.10!!!

But schematic for cascade 2 7Seg in one CD4511.

Sorry for bad english

Attachments

• Contador4.rar
    16.9 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

thanks. I will try it.

- - - Updated - - -

oh my! my software is much updated than with it

- - - Updated - - -

It still doesn't work... :(

Last edited:

I will write a code for you. I need 2 days time. In Proteus don't use 7 Segment without decimal point. They have some timing problems and they flicker. Use the 7 Segments with decimal point. Leave the dp pin unconnected. It will be helpful if you zip and post the Proteus file. I will modify it. I simply don't have time to draw the whole circuit.

What is the purpose of using 7447 and 7 Segment? You are providing BCD data. You can use 7 segment BCD displays.

Use 7 Segment BCD displays and eliminate 7447. Multiplex the 4 BCD data lines.

Last edited:

Hi Reginald,

Those button have different function. The one that is connected to P3.0 is for increment whereas P3.1 is for decrement. AT89c2051 microcontroller controls the counting of numbers and send it to 7447. It has program inside that do the counting.

Hi Reginald,

Those button have different function. The one that is connected to P3.0 is for increment whereas P3.1 is for decrement. AT89c2051 microcontroller controls the counting of numbers and send it to 7447. It has program inside that do the counting.

Please forgive me if I am making a mistake, from you diagram I am seeing three switches (one is seperate while two are almost in parallel). Check well and get back to me.

Your circuit is totally wrong. The 2 switches connected to P3.0 and P3.3 are incorrect. Both sides of the switches are connected to ground, so the pins will be always low.

hi guys,

For your reference please see attached file.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi jayanth,

I am very greatful for your help and it would be appreciated if you will still help me on this.

With your comment in the 2 switches, it wont get low since I used a common anode LED in it. The 2 switches run smoothly.

Actually, in reality, I am doing a set of LEDs here and not seven segment. But I used the technology of seven segment here so it would be easy for me to program or re-program the micro-controller. The microcontroller is responsible for animating the LEDs here. It's just that I'm having problem with cascading the numbers whenever 0 is reached. This must be like a real scoreboard. Your help is much need here. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• scoreboard.rar
    38.9 KB · Views: 76

Try the attached file. If any modifications are needed then mention it.

Edit: Updated file posted.

Mention to which pins the buttons are connected and what the buttons do. I will add code for it. Also mention if button press results in MCU pin high or low.

Edit: If you Multiplex digits then you need 1 7447 and 1 ULN2803. If you don't then you need 3 X 7447 and 4 + 4 + 4 pins at MCU to interface 3 X 7447.

Attachments

• AT89C4051 BCD2SSD 2DIGITS rev3.rar
    17.8 KB · Views: 66
  • dualDigitBCD2SSD.rar
    17.5 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

Hi Guys,

I already did and successfully completed this project of mine and ready for market now. It's really releaving and feeling success for this achievement. But I can't do all of this without your help.

Thank you for all the help you extended in doing this project especially to jayanth. I am very greatful to all the help you've given.

I attached the schematics so you may use it, too.

Thanks, thanks

marie here :)

Attachments

• scorer.rar
    553.4 KB · Views: 77

Status
Not open for further replies.