Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Current Mirror OTA gain calculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fabien

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I designed a current mirror. Some papers such as **broken link removed** said the DC gain is

A0 = gm1 x B x ro3.

I computed it with mine, but, in the simulation, the B factor doesn't seems to have any impact on the DC gain, only on the GBW. Not sure if there is a reason, my inputs transistors are working in subthreshold region.

Any Idea, suggestions?

Thank you...

A0 = gm1 x B x ro3.

... the B factor doesn't seems to have any impact on the DC gain, only on the GBW.

Any Idea, suggestions?

The DC gain ~ B * ro3

Now read the 1st paragraph of point 2.3. of your a.m. paper!

Reactions: Fabien

Fabien

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
OK, thank you for you answer. So the B factor doesn't have any impact as the ro will change with B...
But, if the gain is boosted B times and the output resistor is reduced B times, it means the DC gain is gm1 x ro3, doen't it?
If yes, the gm1 is 12.8µS (qID/nkT) and ro3 = 5.5MOhms... it gives only 70 so 37dB...

But, if the gain is boosted B times and the output resistor is reduced B times, it means the DC gain is gm1 x ro3, doen't it?

Fabien: No! DC gain is gm1 x B x ro3 , as you stated yourself above!

Reactions: Fabien

Fabien

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
OK, so I probably made a mistake when I calculate ro3...
For gm1, in subthreshold I've only this equation: gm1 = qId/nkT (from Martin's book)

OK, so I probably made a mistake when I calculate ro3...
For gm1, in subthreshold I've only this equation: gm1 = qId/nkT (from Martin's book)

This is quite ok, I think. The gain enhancement doesn't depend on B , but is based on the (1−k)*ID1 current shunting, see and study equns. (5) & (6) of item 2.3. of your a.m. paper thoroughly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back