Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Access internal flash rom of STM32

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max++

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm using STM32 Discovery to generate the voltage according to user input via USART.
For example, when user input amplitude 1V, frequency 50 Hz at PC Application then MCU will generate the voltage to output D/A as per user input.(PC Application=>USART=>STM32)

I want MCU remember last value of these commands so that when the user turn on the MCU next time, it will load this value and run automatically.

As I know, in this case must be used EEProm to keep these value, but I don't want to connect the external EEprom.

Is it possible to use the internal flash EEProm of STM32?
If yes, could you please advise how to accomplish this job?

It's possible but not quite simple. I'm doing similar things with other embedded processor. You might find ready-to-use examples of flash EEPROM emulation with STM32.

Technically you have to store data in way that writing each new value doesn't require erase and rewrite of a flas page which would fastly exhaust flash lifetime.

Reactions: Max++

Max++

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.