Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How reduce Noise , Low-Noise voltage reference MAX6341?

Status
Not open for further replies.

asrock70

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Do you know of any appnote or the reference designdescribing the reduction of noise voltage reference?
MAX6341 have Noise 0.1Hz - 10Hz 2,4uVp-p, ´I would like to get the noise and the order below

You can always reduce noise with a low-pass filter, if you use a (low-pass corner frequency) « (min. unwanted noise frequency). The disadvantage: the reference voltage takes several of these respective time-constants to reach its final value.

I.e. with a simple RC filter with a corner frequency of - say - 0.01Hz , it will take several minutes to reach its final value. And you'll have to use low-noise (electrolytic) caps.

Nothing is simple.
RC LPF will be effective, resistance introduced into the circuit's own noise and mainly it will be a voltage drop. Therefore, you must add the output buffer.
And already we have a resistor, amplifier, everything travels with the temperature, the time and has an impact on the accuracy and stability of reference.

ADR444 is a little bit better ragarding noise and also cheaper.

ARD444 has unfortunately 3x worse temperature drift and 1,6x worse long term stability.
I'm thinking about something like
https://www.ti.com/lit/an/slyt355/slyt355.pdf
Unfortunately, it's hard to estimate what will be the long-term stability

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back