Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

smps 230V ac/ 24V dc 10A

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawid5255252

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,
At the beginning I want to say, that i didn't make smps before. I wish to construct power supply with following parameters: 24V 10A 240W (around), powered form the mains. The smps will be used to power 24V DC motor. I checked out some forums but couldn't find any scheme. Can someone give me advice from what should I start or are there any existing circuits to avoid designing everything from beginning?

Motor power is 200W, so it's 8.33A. I planned some power loss on transformer, that's why I want to make smps at around 240W

Motor when starting usually use more current than nominal, often even double of nominal current.

Best regards,
Peter

Motor when starting usually use more current than nominal, often even double of nominal current.
I checked it and you are right. It follows that I need smps 230V / 24V 400W.

Can someone help me with adequate schematic?

Last edited:

you can still use the one i posted with little modification it will work.

you can try this one

Sorry, but I think this is some inverter which uses 12V as source to make higher voltage, and he need SMPS psu which make 24V DC from 220V AC mains voltage.

Best regards,
Peter

Last edited:

you can still use the one i posted with little modification it will work.
I think that I can use configuration of SG3525 from your schematic to controll half bridge and I need modify some rest

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.