Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I2C Slave Address Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inam65

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I m trying to interface PIC with MAX44004 ALS Sensor (Slave Device) via I2C. The slave device has an address of 0x94 (when A0 is GND. see pg no. 13 of the attached datasheet). Since datasheet states that each word transmitted to the device is 8 bits long and is followed by an acknowledge clock pulse.

Now i have to incorporate R/W bit alongwith the slave address which is 0x94 so please advise how can i do this within the same byte to be transmitted to slave device?

Attachments

• Ambient Light Sensor.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 55

Hi, I m trying to interface PIC with MAX44004 ALS Sensor (Slave Device) via I2C. The slave device has an address of 0x94 (when A0 is GND. see pg no. 13 of the attached datasheet). Since datasheet states that each word transmitted to the device is 8 bits long and is followed by an acknowledge clock pulse.

Now i have to incorporate R/W bit alongwith the slave address which is 0x94 so please advise how can i do this within the same byte to be transmitted to slave device?

in i2c address bit 0 of the device is used ad read/write bit...
what you are reffering as A0 is the LSB of o 7 bit device adress,

so 0x94
is actually device address 1001010 - A0 is 0 (4A)
and 0x96 is device address 1001011 - A1 is 1 (4B)

Reactions: Inam65

Inam65

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
in i2c address bit 0 of the device is used ad read/write bit...
what you are reffering as A0 is the LSB of o 7 bit device adress,

so 0x94
is actually device address 1001010 - A0 is 0 (4A)
and 0x96 is device address 1001011 - A1 is 1 (4B)

Thank you for your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.