Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

JDM programmer: an easy to build tool for PICs

Status
Not open for further replies.
rdm programer

hi
Thanks alot for your help, I'm actual have some problem with English...but for Japanese, Indian & Chines is a BIG trouble 8O ...I will try to extract information from it... 8)

The 3rd link "http://www.jdm.homepage.dk/newpic.htm" which is acutely I found before not work with me...I don't know why ?, may be do you poor program supplied in JDM web-site(In my opinion). I hope I can find another software to do this job...

Anyway, Thanks :)

how jdm programmer work

You can read the eeprom 2 ways, one is by programming a loader on your pic which reads the eeprom via the pic (if the PIC is code protected then you can forget about a working smart card again), the other is by reading it directly with the jdm programmer. Four connections are needed. Clock,data and power. The only software I recall that does eeproms with the JDM was the PIX software (PIX113).

Reading a code protected 16F84 is possible, but you'll probably need 3-4 chips, as "busting" them usually finishes with corrupt data, meaning that with the contents of 3-4 chips, and a bit of imagination you can reconstuct a good file.

Cheers
sda

jdm programmer

Nearly every f series PIC uses the following inetrface

- RB6 (CLK) - DATACLK
- RB7 (DATA) - DATA
- VPP/RST - +12 - 14 V during programming

hepresto you can make an adapter for every kind of pic

programador jdm 18f2550

Hi

Thanks all, the ''Vp-20 Programmer'' is beautiful solution,I'm work on it now....

But if any one use JDM programer...when i connect the circuit without PIC, the program detect the circuit. But when PIC is on board it can't be detect at all.... :cry: . I try hard to find the problem, but I failed to let it work.I make all possible check for circuit connection, they all perfect as well as voltages upon zener...please someone give me answer?

Thanks again

pcb jdm programmer

It should be the usual case of the com port not being able to supply the necassary voltage to power up the JDM interface.
I assume that the host PC is a notebook, as they supply max -+5v on the comport, and barely enough for the chip to go into programming mode
A home PC should be ok.

Cheers
sda

jdm programer xp

Hi sda

actually I use Home PC for that (old one :) )but when I read your comment, I change the PC...surprise 8O It works :eek: , Although it has verify error but its work....thats good.I will get it work correctly soon, may be by use extra pull-up resistance and MAX chip

Thanks for your sharp idea..... :wink:

jdm programer

t worked ! thank a lot!

jdm programmer notebook

i have build ajdm programmer for pic 16f84 but when i try it under windows xp the circuit didnt work can any budy help me.....

jdm programmer eagle

I have built 2 of these programers now . The first one worked on 2 PCs win 98 + ME and the second one I built worked ,just on a very old PC win 95. The problem was geting the program voltage high enough( +12v).

Reduce the size of the 2 caps and the feed resistor to lift the program voltage a little. double cheque your component values and oreantation and take off any led`s on the programing volts line.

good luck

Barrybear

jdm programer 18f4550

hi im very new to this so i dont know where to post this im looking for a schematic on a eeprom programmer or any site that may sell one thx 4 any infos :?:

jdm 18f

beret-ttc said:
hi im very new to this so i dont know where to post this im looking for a schematic on a eeprom programmer or any site that may sell one thx 4 any infos :?:
Try PonyProg - very easy to build and supports a quite large range of devices.

information jdm programing

I programed 18F2550 ( 28pin DIP ) today, using dirt cheap JDM.

Follow below table.

nnl6w9.jpg

I took that info from here http://freenet-homepage.de/dl4yhf/winpic/index.htm#adapt_18F2x5x

Good Luck :D

Re: JDM programmer

I am using JDM Programmer 2, I was able to write and read programme for 16F84A, however when I tried to write data to 16F873A it failed. Using the same PIC I had got it written through paid service and. when the same pic is used in the JDM I was able to read but not able to write or erase the device is not code protected.
The JDM programmer 2 I used is given in the attachment
Any one pls help
:!:

JDM programmer

often laptop computers dont have enought power throught rs232 to write pics throught jdm programmers. try with a desktop computer, or build an icd2 clone ...

Re: JDM programmer

Kripton2035 said:
often laptop computers dont have enought power throught rs232 to write pics throught jdm programmers. try with a desktop computer, or build an icd2 clone ...

Why dont you try it with external power source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back