Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Export PCB design from Altium to CST Microwave Studio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherry1

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have designed a PCB for ceramic chip antenna test ( its a copper pour ground plane with an SMA port connection and solder pins for placing chip antenna on it).
I wanted to simulate its effect on the radiation pattern of antenna in CST Microwave Studio. I have made a model of chip antenna in CST MWS but.... Is there a way that I can export this PCB design ( made in Altium Protel) to CST Microwave studio and simulate it? SO that I dont have to draw the ground plane all over again?
3D_tapered_altium view.png
The PCB design is attached

What file formats are available for export from Protel? .SAT would work if it's available.

.SAT is not, there is .DXF but that is 2D :-(
Here are the import/ export format both the software accept.
**broken link removed**

and for CST https://www.cst.com/Content/Products/MWS/ImpExp.aspx , The description of CST PCB Studio does say that it accepts Altium files but my educational license does not permit access to PCB studio , my program crashes !

Please help

try the .stp or step format. looks like it's on the export list for altium and on the import list for cst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back